is 501c3 non-profit organization

The word legend is defined as "a famous or important person who is known for doing something extremely well'.  The Heart of A Legend transcends beyond the physical ability of a person, but operates on the premise of the heart.

 

No one achieves greatness without the help, support and even cheers of others.  But what makes a person great is their recognition of the help received and striving to make things better for another.The Heart of A Legend is a non-profit organization dedicated to beautifying the city of Easton Pennsylvania. 

Heart of a Legend donates computers to Third Street Alliance in Easton

HOL-DONATES-COMPUTERS_edited.jpg

Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes speaks with kids in the child care program at Third Street Alliance in Easton. Heart of a Legend, the foundation run by Holmes' family, donated computers to Third Street Alliance for Women and Children in Easton on Sept. 29, 2016. The computers and tablets will be used by children in the nonprofit agency's child care and after-school programs. 

Our heart goes out to the City of Easton 

All  donations are reinvested into various charitable outreach programs and hosted events with a goal of enhancing lives and bettering community environments.

SAFE  HARBOR  EASTON

Safe Harbor Easton is a program-driven, transitional shelter for homeless single men and women. It is also a drop-in program for low-income adults, particularly those who have difficulty with the tasks of daily life.

Safe Harbor Easton is dedicated to empowering and educating homeless men and women, and to helping them to achieve a better way of life. To that end, we provide safe, secure housing and case management for all clients. It is our mission to see that everyone who comes to us is given the means and opportunity to live a life of fulfillment and recovery

 Edition

THIRD STREET ALLIANCE

The Third Street Alliance for Women & Children provide a safe and healthy space for women, children and families to live, learn and thrive.  

 

Our main building, the Simon Mansion, was built in 1902 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Since its beginning in 1909 as a grassroots YWCA, the agency has worked to meet the needs of a changing world. It was initially founded to help working women and the influx of immigrants.

At that time, the “YW” was involved in the education of young women working in factories and provided opportunities for physical, mental and social development, offering rental rooms for women moving into the area. In the early 1980’s, the organization separated from the national “Y”, and realigned as a human services agency, taking on the new problems of homelessness, child care for working families, and care of older adults.